Learn how to make and maintain a sourdough starter using simple ingredients and equipment.
Mason has spent years coaching professionals and home bakers in the ways of sourdough bread. Now he's here to teach you how easy it is to make your own sourdough starter. These will be the simple first steps on your very own sourdough journey.
In this free course, you will have access to the following resources:
- A free downloadable e-book with written instructions for making a starter
- Two videos detailing methods for creating a homemade starter, including recommended and required equipment
- One video with tips for feeding your sourdough starter and for minimizing waste
- One video with additional tips and tricks for kickstarting your starter and for taking breaks from baking
- A selection of recipes for your sourdough starter to be used in cooking and baking
- Membership in The Wild Life Online Learning Community
- Free Q and A with Mason
- Advanced notice of future courses offered by The Wild Life!
Hi, I’m Mason.
Bread baking was my first adulthood passion. I discovered the joy of baking as a college student working nights and weekends as a mixer and baker at a small bakery in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Little did I know that this first baking job would open so many doors in my life. Over the last decade, I have worked as a head baker at two excellent artisan sourdough bakeries, an online fermentation consultant, and as a home baking coach. I can't wait to share this passion with you and show you how easy and rewarding the art of baking can be.
New Home Baker
"Mason bakes the most delicious bread I've ever tasted. His sourdough boule toasted with butter is not just the perfect snack or side, but a lifestyle. When he told me he would share his bread secrets, I thought, 'This is what the world needs now: loaves of healthy homemade deliciousness."
Crooked Tree Breadworks, MI
"The first ingredient for teaching others how to make great bread is a passion for great bread. Add generous portions of creativity and adventure, a good measure of patience, and a heaping scoop of intelligence, and there with Mason you will find an excellent source of bread making wisdom."
Manager at Drum Coffee, MT
"After working with Mason in a commercial kitchen setting I can confidently state that he has superior skills, creativity, and a pleasantly fun teaching manner in the baking/cooking world. His breads and baked goods are delectable and visually stunning. I am so excited to watch his growth of sharing all his knowledge with the world in baking.
Now, let’s get that dough risen with a lovely baked golden brown crust! We can all be a professional baker with Mason’s help!"